Benefits, rewards and recognition
Every year the hospital hosts the STAR Awards, an event that recognises the great work of our staff.
People from around the hospital nominate colleagues across a variety of categories who they feel have gone above and beyond for our patients. The evening is always a fantastic event where departments from across the hospital come together to celebrate.
With awards, a three course dinner, live entertainment, photo booth and the chance to dress to impress the STAR Awards never disappoints.
Check out the footage from our 2018 STAR Awards event.
Hear what some of our staff have to say about working here with feedback from our latest People Pulse engagement survey...
"Efficiently run, staff have exquisite knowledge and there is a desire and commitment to help not only our patients but each other."
"I have worked here for 10 years and my role is still challenging and exciting. The hospital is focused on patient care and keeping staff motivated."
"People always seem to be greeted with a smile. It seems like a really positive place to be cared for."
"I don’t think my role varies much in the NHS, but one difference I have noticed is that I feel I have much more time to devote to patients at Bupa Cromwell Hospital. This is a huge benefit as I feel I can meet all patient needs fully, without having to rush, and provide the exceptional service that we strive for at the Cromwell."
"In the private sector you have more time to spend with patients than in the NHS, so you can really listen to their needs without feeling rushed."
"Everyone from Catering, Physiotherapy, ITU, 1 West were all wonderful. Not one member of staff let down the team. Normally you would expect to come across at least one person you don't like so much, but that didn't happen. If it wasn't for the great care I received, I wouldn't be leaving hospital so soon after a major procedure and wouldn't be feeling so positive."
"This is the second time I have visited Bupa Cromwell Hospital and I was very pleased to see my old friends again. All the nurses, staff, catering and medical teams were of the highest standards and treating me as though I was the only patient on the ward. Thank you for making me better and caring for me so beautifully in my time of need."
"Please pass on my thanks once again. At the appointment this morning he gave me the marvellous news that there was no cancer and that was such a relief. A weight off my back. My wife was in tears of joy when she heard! I do have to say that I feel so well treated throughout this process. Everyone who has had anything to do with my treatment (and there have been quite a few), have been sympathetic, kind and professional. Dealing with these types of medical problems is never easy but your team has been astonishingly good."
"Fantastic team and professionalism which made his stay so much easier. His brother now wants to be admitted as a patient!"
We're proud of our people and want to be able to help them live longer, healthier, happier lives. So, we offer a wide range of benefits in addition to a salary that we believe does just that...
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Annual entitlement of 25 days (7.5 hours per day) at normal basic rate of pay, in addition to public and statutory holidays. This increases to 27 days after 5 years' service
- Ward based nursing staff will receive 21.5 days holiday (11.5 hours per day)
- Annual bonus scheme based upon company and individual performance
- Bupa Health insurance paid for yourself by Bupa (you just pay the tax)
- Option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- We offer discounts on many of our products and services to help you take care of your health
- Free annual health assessment every 2 years
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Access to the Healthy Minds service and 24/7 Anytime Healthline and Emotional Wellbeing Online
- Bupa rewards to high street retailer discounts
- Subsidised gym membership
- Newly refurbished staff restaurant